|Feb 15, 16
|Mar 7, 8
Nestled among the mountain of the Western Ghats, Wayanad is one of the loveliest hill stations of our country. There are many good things about Wayanad like full of greenery, misty mountains, wildlife sanctuaries, Lakes, Dams, Waterfalls, Tea estates, Coffee estates, panoramic views and top of it all – pleasant climate throughout the year.
We will cover plenty of these magnificent places in Wayanad during our 2 Day weekend trip to Wayanad.
Come, join Muddie Trails in this truly refreshing backpacking trip 🙂
- Total slots for the trip: Usually 12 or more
- Stay: At our fantastic hilltop Campsite (2 and 3 sharing tents)
- Food: 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch (Veg), 1 Dinner (Veg & Non-Veg) included.
- Trek difficulty: Easy to Moderate (Beginners may attempt)
- Tempo or mini-bus depending on final numbers (Non-AC)
- Starting time: Friday night 9 PM
- Ending time: Monday morning 5 AM
- Pick up spots: Tin Factory, Indiranagar 100 Feet Rd, Koramangala Sony World, Electronic City BMW showroom, Mysore Road
- The amazing Kurumbalakkotta Mala Trek
- Banasura Dam
- Kanthampara Waterfalls Dip
- The thrills of 900-Kandi deep forest
- Great Sunrise and Sunset both
- Wayanad special food
Things to carry:
- Basic essentials like toothbrush, soap, towel, etc
- Shades/cap/sunscreen to avoid getting tanned
- Full charge mobiles with power banks – to take a lot of selfies😎.
- Selfie stick or DSLR if you are interested.
- Your personal medications if any
- Disposable Garbage Bag to put used clothes
- An extra garbage bag to dispose of your trash – we have a no-littering policy!
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the journey.
- Comfortable and good grip hiking shoes/trekking shoes for the trek.
- Extra slippers or crocs to walk around at Homestay
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get cold at night.
- Carry a poncho or raincoat – based on the weather forecast.
- Carry a lil bit of cash for Lunch on wednesday and misc. expenses
- Mandatory: A photo ID card soft copy like Aadhar or Driving License
- Carrying a water bottle for your journey. You can fill at the homestay for the trek
- Keep your luggage light. Don’t bring suitcases, get backpacks instead. We shall put our luggage in the Homestay as we go out for the trek
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
Pick up points & timings:
Tin Factory Bus stop: 9:00 PM
Indiranagar 100 Feet Road: 9:15 PM
Koramangala – Sony World Signal: 9:30 PM
Silk Board: 10:00 PM – 10:10 PM (Based on the traffic)
Electronic City: 10:30 PM – 10:45 PM (Based on the traffic)
Mysore Road: 11:15 PM – 11:30 PM (Based on the traffic)
Day 0 (Friday):
- Start from BLR, an overnight journey to Wayanad!
Day 1 (Saturday):
- Reach Campsite, freshen up, fuel up with authentic Kerala Breakfast like Puttu and Chana Masala
- Set on a trek to Kurumbalakkotta Mala which is located adjacent to the valley traversed by the Kabini river. This mountain offers a spectacular view of Wayanad and panoramic view of surrounding mountains and deep valleys
- Have Kerala special veg food for Lunch
- Relax for a while, drive to Banasura Sagar Dam
- Explore the beautiful setting of Banasura in the middle of Western Ghats and get set for a serene sunset
- Head back to Camp, refresh with Tea/Coffee and hot Snacks
- Bonfire with music between 9 to 10 PM. After this, we have to respect nature in Wayanad and enjoy our social gathering by sharing stories and playing games
- Hot Dinner with Veg/Chicken Curry and Ghee Rice in the chill weather. We even have an option for a Barbecue at extra cost at our Camp.
- Rest for the night in tents
Day 2 (Sunday):
- Start the day at with amazing sunrise at our Camp
- Drive to Kanthampara Waterfalls and take a dip in fresh mountain water
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- Head towards 900-Kandi which is in deep forest, explore the jungle, pose for pictures among Tea/Coffee estates, go on a mini-trek
- Start back towards Bangalore, dinner at a Dhaba
Day 3 (Monday):
- Reach home early in the morning
- Hilltop Camping (Tents on 2 or 3 sharing basis)
- 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch (Veg), 1 Dinner (Veg and Non-Veg)
- Jeep ride at Camp
- Campfire with group activities
- Experience all places mentioned in the Highlights section
- Forest Dept entry charges & necessary permissions
- Organizer(s) from MT to look after all the activities
- A hell lot of entertainment!
- Lunch/Dinner on Sunday
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned above
If you agree to following Terms & Conditions and Refund Policy: http://bit.ly/MuddieTerms
You may register by using the Book Now button and join the Muddie Gang! 😉
What’s next after booking tickets:
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks a night before the event
- Information like exact pickup locations, things to pack, Organizer details, etc will be shared in the group
- The facilities are really basic, close to nature on this backpacking trip. Not for luxury seekers.
- Book only if you can withstand long journey by push back tempo or minibus
- Do not forget to read our “Terms & Conditions” before registering!
Call or WhatsApp Muddie Trails on 8197949010 or 9827032009 for any doubt! 🙂
Get Muddie in Travel…