Offer on First 5 tickets!
First 5 tickets at 2500 discount: 23,499/-
(Connect with the organizers for the availability)
This October, it’s time to tick off another dream destination in your bucket list!
Muddie Trails presents a road trip to Tawang famously know as the birthplace of Dalai Lama.
Located at a height of about 3048m, is known for Tibetan culture and beautiful monasteries.
It’s a place which will flatter you with its natural beauty wrapped in the scent of spirituality.
It’s a perfect getaway for mountain lovers who wish to escape the hectic city life and experience the charm and beauty of nature!
Let’s #getmuddie in Tawang!
Schedule and itinerary:
Day 1 Sunday 21st Oct:
- Meet at the arrival terminal of Guwahati Airport before 2 PM.
- As we have a long a treacherous journey to make till Tawang, we quickly finish our lunch and start our journey and Reach Nagao/Tezpur by Night and setup of transit camp.
- We will enjoy the Assamese cuisine, sit by the campfire(Subject to availability) and gaze at a million stars and indulging in some enticing conversations.
Day 2 Monday 22nd Oct:
- Start an early day(5 am) and have quick breakfast at the campsite and head out on our journey into the mountains, the journey is long and straining but the view of lush green mountains make it all worth it.
- Reach Sangti Valley in Dhirang by Evening as a campsite set in the middle of the mountains awaits us.
- Enjoy sumptuous local brews, food with bonfire and loads of fun-filled conversations.
Day 3 Tuesday 23rd Oct:
- Shun away the travel fatigue with a lazy start to the day at the campsite and leave for Thembang at 10 Am after a sumptuous breakfast at the campsite.
- Thembang is an 11th Century fortified village which is now recognized as a UNESCO world heritage site.
- This village had a lot of historical significance even during the Sino-Indian Wars.
- The visuals from the mountaintop are sure to transport you into the realms of peace and tranquillity.
- Basing on the available time we will also make a visit to Dhirang Monastery and Hot water springs before we head back to the campsite to witness the exquisite cultural performances by locals over dinner.
Day 4 Wednesday 24th Oct:
- Post a quick breakfast at the campsite, we say goodbye to Sangi Valley and make our way to Tawang.
- Enroute we will witness the landscapes changing from Himalayan wetlands to dry Trans-Himalayan Range.
- We will also witness a barrage of Army vehicles and Army check-posts as we approach Sela Pass, the Highest point en route Tawang.
- We will have a quick stop at Sela pass for pictures and also experience the hospitality of Indian Army at their café.
- Reach Tawang by Evening as Stumptous Arunachali Cusine awaits us at our Hotel.
Day 5 Thursday 25th Oct:
- Start a day at 9.30 with a quick breakfast and head out to visit China!
- Yes! We will take the necessary permissions required from Army and head to BumLa pass the border post of India and China!
- On our way back we will also visit breathtakingly beautiful Sangetsar Lake and Ptso Lake.
- Evening we will visit the War Memorial and admire the gallant work of the Indian Army during the Sino-Indian wars.
- Reach back to our Hotel by evening for some delicious dinner over drinks and dinner.
Day 6 Friday 26th Oct:
- Let the Festivities began! Wake up to the sounds of drums and trumpets and witness the opening ceremony of the Tawang Festival with street carnival, masked dance performances, and cultural shows!!
- The vibe of the town sucks you into the lesser known Monpa Tibetan culture and well preserved Buddhist traditions.
- Post lunch, visit 700Yrs old Chakzam bridge and Kitpi Village and Buddha Park.
- Reach the Town back by evening and participate in more festivities, enjoying local food and drinks till late in the night!
Day 7 Saturday 27th Oct:
- Start an early day, have a sumptuous breakfast and visit the Tawang Monastery
- After soaking in the breathtaking views of the Monastery, come back to the hotel and check out to say goodbye to Tawang and its endearing hospitality.
- Reach Dhirang by night and call it an early night with a basic dinner at the monastery or any local eatery. To start an early day to Reach Guwahati
Day 8 Sunday 28th Oct:
- Wake up, enjoy breakfast and then pack your bags for the return journey to Guwahati.
- The long drive through dense forests will have numerous viewpoints, you could stop and admire the spots keeping track of time to reach Guwahati by Night.
- As our trip to the tranquil Tawang valley has come to end, reach the Homestay by night and recollect the tales and memories while browsing umpteen number of pictures clicked, and call it a night as late as you want basing on your flight time the next day morning.
First 5 tickets at 2500 discount: 23,499/- (Contact organizers to know the current availability)
- Dedicated tour/trek guide throughout the trip
- Airport pick up and drop at Guwahati
- All local transport in a dedicated vehicle through out the trip
- All permits and guide fees etc for all scheduled activities.
- Basic vegetarian local breakfast, and Dinner.
- Accommodation in dormitories/shared tents and/or camps.
- Entry tickets/permissions for scheduled activities
- Lunch on all days
- Any personal shopping or purchases
- Any snacks/aerated drinks/water bottles/beverages etc.
- Fees or tickets for any unscheduled activities
- Expenses towards repeat of any activities
- Any expense that is out of the scope of itinerary
- Any fines or duties levied by local authorities for any misconduct
- Any fees or charges levied towards use of your personal photography equipment.
- Any exigency purchases made during the stay
- Charges towards any medical emergencies during the tour
Arunachal is a special state and it’s a prerequisite to apply for ILP prior to our arrival. MT Will get it done online on prior submission of all necessary documents by the guests. Otherwise guests would be required to obtain their ILPs at their own cost and convenience. For more details visit www.arunachalilp.com
MT will not be responsible for any cost arising due to natural calamities like landslide, road blockage, political disturbance (strikes), or the line which are beyond MTs control etc.
Bookings open till 31st August 2018 or till seats occupied
- This is gonna be a backpacking trip where the facilities would be basic but the experience would be wonderful
- Travelers are expected to sign a waiver form before starting the trip
- By paying the registration fee you are giving unconditional acceptance of the Terms & Conditions mentioned in the other tab
Feel free to contact our organizers (9827032009 or 8197949010) if you have any doubt. We are happie to help you 🙂
Get Muddie in Travel..