Wish to welcome New Year at a beautiful and offbeat location without much fuss?
Watch this video before you read any further:
Muddie Trails presents the amazing combination of beautiful Gandikota & magnificent Belum caves this New Year!
About the destination:
Gandikota along the banks river Penna in Andhra Pradesh is known for its spectacular gorge formed by river Penna that cuts through the Erramala hills. This handsome piece of nature’s architecture has come to be known as the Grand Canyon of India by travelers who visit it and get bewitched by its beauty. Apart from the unmatched beauty of the gorge, the mystical charm of this fort makes a visit to this village all the more exciting for history lovers and adventure seekers.
Belum Caves are the second-longest caves in the Indian subcontinent open to the public. These caves are more than a thousand years old and were formed by constant flow of underground water over a period of time.
Now lets #Getmuddie at Gandikota and Belum!
- Total slots for the trip: 20
- Stay: Camping in the tents (3 sharing), Govt. Tourist home washrooms for freshening up!Couple sharing Tent at extra cost of 500/- per Tent
- Couple sharing Tent at extra cost of 500/- per Tent
- Food: 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch (Veg), 1 Dinner (Veg/Non-Veg) – all included
- Trek difficulty: Easy (good for beginners)
- Tempo traveler (Non AC)
- Start time: Monday 10:00 PM
- Ending time: Wednesday 10:00 PM
- Pick-up/Drop spots: Kondapur, Gachibowli
- The Grand Canyon style Gorge view
- Gandikota Fort
- Ruins like Old temple and Prison
- Swimming with life jackets
- Belum Caves
- Amazing sunset from gorges
- Music & Dance
- Good food
- Welcome New Year in a peaceful way under starry night sky
Things to carry:
- Basic essentials like toothbrush, soap, towel, etc
- Sleeping bags will be provided (no need to get blankets)
- Full charge mobiles with power banks – to take a lot of selfies!
- Selfie stick or DSLR if you are interested – the Gandikota Gorge is beautiful!
- Your personal medications if any (I’ll get one first aid kit)
- Odomos for insects & mosquitoes – as we are gonna camp!
- A torch to show you the way at night.
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – useful during the night journey
- Recyclable garbage bags cover to put used/wet clothes
- An extra garbage bag to dispose of your trash – we have a no-littering policy!
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help as we are using tourism board washrooms in Gandikota
- Carry a little bit of cash for Sunday Lunch and misc. expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings
- Mandatory: A photo ID card soft copy like Aadhar or Driving License
- Comfortable shoes/sandals – anything is fine as we have a mini trek to do!
- Carrying a water bottle may help during the entire travel.
- Keep your luggage light. Don’t bring suitcases, get backpacks instead. We shall put our luggage in the vehicle as we go out on different activities.
Day 0 (Monday night):
- Start from Hyderabad around 10 PM
Day 1 (Tuesday):
- Reach Gandikota tourist house early morning, freshen up in its washrooms
- Have Breakfast
- Go on a mini-trek to the bottom of the Gandikota gorges,
- Play in the water & swim (life jackets will be provided)
- Trek back to the restaurant
- Have lunch, relax for a while
- Head out to the magnificent Fort, visit an ancient temple, take a lot of selfies,
- Visit The Grand Canyon of India and do a lot of jumping by waking up the monkey inside you, shout out loud into the valley to listen to your echo from different directions!
- Head to the campsite of tents pitched in the form of a circle
- Socialize, revel in the warmth of the campfire,
- Hot and spicy Dinner,
- Music and Dance till late night
- Welcome New Year under a starry night sky
- Well deserved rest in the Tents
Day 2 (Wednesday):
- Start the day with freshening up & breakfast,
- Drive to Belum caves base
- Visit the amazing caves and get to experience the new world underground,
- Have Lunch at a local restaurant,
- Start back to Hyderabad, reach by night.
EARLY BIRD TICKET Cost: 4750/- (First 10 tickets)
NORMAL TICKET Cost: 5250/- (After 10 tickets)
- Travel by Tempo or Mini-Bus,
- Stay at our campsite: Tents on 3 sharing basis
- 2 Breakfasts (Veg),
- 1 Lunch (Veg),
- 1 Dinner (Veg/Non-veg),
- Life jackets to swim in Penna river,
- Belum caves & entry charges
- New Year in a fantastic setting surrounded by hundreds of backpackers
- Organizer(s) from MT to look after all the activities
- A lot of entertainment 😉
- Wednesday Lunch
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the itinerary.
If you agree to following Terms & Conditions and Refund Policy: http://bit.ly/MuddieTerms
You may register by using the Book Now button and join the Muddie Gang!
What’s next after booking tickets:
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks a night before the event
- Information like exact pickup locations, things to pack, Organizer details, etc will be shared in the group
- No loud music, no big bang celebrations. We welcome New Year in backpackers style away from the noise of City
- Expect a lot of crowd for NY eve as Gandikota is a hot destination for New year Camping. If you expect no crowd or less then Gandikota is not the place for you.
- This is an offbeat event at an offbeat place. The facilities will be very basic as Gandikota is a proper village without any infrastructure. But the experience would be amazing. If you feel you cannot adjust without hotel/change rooms or private bathrooms, then we request you please do not register.
- Because of unexpected or local reasons, if Belum caves are closed (a very rare occurrence), we will go to an alternate place
Feel free to contact Muddie Trails organizers on 9827032009, 8197949010 if any doubt. We will be happy to help you 🙂
Get Mudie in Travel..