Wish to welcome New Year 2020 silently at a beautiful and offbeat location without much fuss and noise?
Muddie Trails is thrilled to bring you the unique and amazing combination of the thick rain forest, hidden waterfalls, awesome mini treks, misty valleys, mystic fort, ancient Temple, forest village homestay and delicious Malnad style food – all for this New Year.
Before reading anything further, watch this video of Muddie Trails to have a sneak peek of the Magical world of Agumbe:
Come join Muddie Trails on an offbeat experience you will remember for a long time.
Read about awesome Agumbe rain forest which has very rich biodiversity and the Land of The King Cobra:
- Total slots for the trip: 35
- Stay: At our beautiful village Campsite cum Homestay in the heart of Western Ghats. We have both Tents and Rooms with Beds.
- Food: 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner – all veg included
- Trek difficulty: Easy (good for beginners)
- Tempo or mini-bus depending on final numbers (Non-AC)
- Starting time: Monday night 9 PM
- Ending time: Thursday morning around 5 AM
- Pick up spots: Tin Factory, Indiranagar 100 Feet Rd, Koramangala Sony World, Guroguntepalya Metro
- The amazing Kavale Durga Fort Trek
- Hidden waterfalls (Rain Forest Special experience)
- Silent Lake (Rain Forest Special experience)
- Malgudi Days house
- Kundadri Hill (The highest peak of rain forest)
- Sirimanne waterfalls
- Sringeri Temple
- Light music, no noise
- New Year eve under the starry sky, peaceful night
- Good veggie food
Things to carry:
- Basic essentials like toothbrush, soap, towel, etc
- Shades/cap/sunscreen to avoid getting tanned
- Full charge mobiles with power banks – to take a lot of selfies.
- Selfie stick or DSLR if you are interested.
- Your personal medications, if any (I will get one first aid kit)
- Odomos for insects & mosquitoes
- Pair of water wear to take a dip under waterfalls
- Recyclable Garbage bags to put used/wet clothes
- An extra garbage bag to dispose of your trash – we have a no-littering policy
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Comfortable sports shoes/trekking shoes/sandals – anything is fine as we have a couple of easy hikes to do
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get cold at night
- Carry a poncho or raincoat – based on the weather forecast
- Carry a Lil bit of cash for Sunday Lunch, Dinner and misc. expenses
- Mandatory: A photo ID card soft copy like Aadhar or Driving License
- Carrying a water bottle may help during the entire travel. You can fill at the homestay.
- Keep your luggage light. Don’t bring suitcases, get backpacks instead. We shall put our luggage in the Homestay as we go out on different activities.
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
Pick up points & timings:
Tin Factory Bus stop: 9:00 PM
Indiranagar 100 Feet Road: 9:20 PM
Koramangala – Sony World Signal: 9:40 PM
Goraguntepalya Metro station bus stop: 11:00 to 11:15 PM (based on traffic)
|Day 0 (Monday night):
- Start from Bangalore, an overnight journey to Agumbe
Day 1 (Tuesday):
- Reach homestay close to the forest, freshen up
- Fuel up with nice breakfast, grab packed Lunch from Homestay
- Drive to the base of ancient Kavaledurga Fort & hike up to enjoy the amazing views of the rain forest. This is a 2.5 km easy hike (one way) with stunning views from the top. There is an ancient temple in the middle and many ponds that served as water stores at that time.
- Head back to the vehicle, jungle walk of 1 km to take a dip under the pristine waterfalls of western ghats that is Agumbe special, have lunch overlooking the falls,
- Head back to the homestay
- Bonfire at night with long conversations in the dark, play soft music without much noise
- Well deserved hot & delicious vegetarian dinner
- Socialize, play games, welcome New Year under a starry night sky in a peaceful way
- Rest in the tents or rooms with beds as per your booking preference
Day 2 (Wednesday):
- Freshen up and Breakfast, pack your bags, leave Homestay
- Hike up the Kundadri hills – The highest point in Agumbe mountain range (2.5 kms easy hike one way)& have a sneak peek of extremely beautiful & dense Agumbe Rain-Forest filled with thick green forest, pristine rivers, and gigantic lakes!
- Break for Lunch at a local restaurant
- Head to temple town of Sringeri and visit an ancient temple built in the 8th century in the banks of Tunga river, get charmed by the architecture at this wonderful place in the heart of Western Ghats.
- Visit close by Waterfalls, take another dip if you wish to!
- Get back to the vehicle and start the journey back towards Bangalore
- Dinner on the way close to Chikmagalur town
- Reach home early Monday morning
|Day 3 (Thursday):
- Reach back BLR early in the morning
- Experience all places mentioned in the Highlights section
- Shared stay at our beautiful village Homestay cum Campsite
- 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner (All pure veg),
- Campfire (if it doesn’t rain at the time),
- Forest Dept permissions, entry tickets for specific hikes & waterfalls
- Organizer(s) from MT to look after all activities
- A lot of entertainment!
- Wednesday Lunch, Dinner
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned above
If you agree to following Terms & Conditions and Refund Policy: http://bit.ly/MuddieTerms
You may register by using the Book Now button and join the Muddie Gang!
What’s next after booking tickets:
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks a night before the event
- Information like exact pickup locations, things to pack, Organizer details, etc will be shared in the group
- No loud music, no big bang celebrations. We welcome New Year in a peaceful way away from the noise of City
- The camp is in a Rainforest village with only BSNL signal
- The facilities are basic, close to nature on this backpacking trip. Not for luxury seekers
- No Nonveg food will be served. If you expect Nonveg for New Year Eve then this is not the right event for you.
- We have 2 rooms for men and 2 rooms for women who wish to sleep in rooms.
- We also have many 3 sharing tents that can fit up to 20 people.
Get Muddie in Travel…