|Feb 1, 2
||4150/- (Incl. Taxes)
|Feb 22, 23
||4150/- (Incl. Taxes)
Before reading anything further, watch this video of Muddie Trails to have a sneak peek of the Magical world of Agumbe:
Muddie Trails is thrilled to bring you the unique and amazing combination of the thick rain forest, hidden waterfalls, awesome mini treks, misty valleys, mystic fort, ancient Temple, forest village homestay and delicious Malnad style food!
Read about awesome Agumbe rain forest which has very rich biodiversity and the land of The King Cobra:
- Total slots for the trip: Usually 12 or more
- Stay: At our beautiful village homestay in the heart of Western Ghats (on sharing basis). Camping option available too.
- Food: 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner – all veg included
- Trek difficulty: Easy (good for beginners)
- Tempo or mini-bus depending on final numbers (Non-AC)
- Starting time: Friday night at 9 PM
- Ending time: Monday morning around 5 AM
- Pick up spots: Tin Factory, Indiranagar 100 Feet Rd, Koramangala Sony World, Guroguntepalya Metro
- The amazing Kavale Durga Fort Trek
- Hidden waterfalls (Rain Forest Special experience)
- Silent Lake (Rain Forest Special experience)
- Malgudi Days house
- Kundadri Hill (The highest peak of rain forest)
- Sirimanne waterfalls
- Sringeri Temple
- Music & Dance
- Good veggie food
Things to carry:
- Basic essentials like toothbrush, soap, towel, etc
Shades/cap/sunscreen to avoid getting tanned
Full charge mobiles with power banks – to take a lot of selfies😎.
Selfie stick or DSLR if you are interested.
Your personal medications, if any (I will get one first aid kit)
Odomos for insects & mosquitoes
Pair of water wear to take a dip under waterfalls
Recyclable Garbage bags to put used/wet clothes
An extra garbage bag to dispose of your trash – we have a no-littering policy
Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
Comfortable sports shoes/trekking shoes/sandals – anything is fine as we have a couple of easy hikes to do
Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get cold at night
Carry a poncho or raincoat – based on the weather forecast
Carry a lil bit of cash for Wednesday, Dinner and misc. expenses
Mandatory: A photo ID card soft copy like Aadhar or Driving License
Carrying a water bottle may help during the entire travel. You can fill at the homestay.
Keep your luggage light. Don’t bring suitcases, get backpacks instead. We shall put our luggage in the Homestay as we go out on different activities.
Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
Pick up points & timings:
Tin Factory Bus stop: 9:15 PM
Indiranagar 100 Feet Road: 9:40 PM
Koramangala – Sony World Signal: 10:00 PM
Goraguntepalya Metro station bus stop: 11:00 to 11:30 PM (based on traffic)
|Day 0 (Friday):
- Start from Bangalore, an overnight journey to Agumbe
Day 1 (Saturday):
- Reach forest village homestay close to the forest, freshen up
- Fuel up with nice breakfast, grab your packed Lunch
- Drive to the base of ancient Kavaledurga Fort & hike up to enjoy the amazing views of the rain forest. This is a 2.5 km easy hike (one way) with stunning views from the top. There is an ancient temple in the middle and many ponds that served as water stores at that time.
- Head back to the vehicle, nature walk of 1 km to take a dip under the pristine waterfalls of western ghats that is Agumbe special, have lunch overlooking the falls,
- Visit a humongous silent lake
- Head back to the homestay
- Bonfire at night with long conversations in the dark
- Well deserved hot & delicious veggie dinner
- Rest in the rooms or tents
Day 2 (Sunday):
- Freshen up and Breakfast, pack your bags, check out of the homestay
- Visit Malgudi days house
- Hike up the Kundadri hills – The highest point in Agumbe mountain range (3 km easy hike one way) & have a sneak peek of extremely beautiful & dense Agumbe rain forest with a thick green cover, pristine rivers & gigantic lakes!
- Break for Lunch at a local restaurant
- Visit Sirimanne waterfalls, take another dip if you wish to!
- Head to temple town of Sringeri and visit an ancient temple built in the 8th century in the banks of Tunga river, get charmed by the architecture at this wonderful place in the heart of Western Ghats.
- Get back to the vehicle and start the journey back towards Bangalore
- Dinner on the way close to Chikmagalur town
|Day 3 (Monday):
- Reach home early Monday morning
- Share your rain forest experience with friends and family
- Experience all places mentioned in the Highlights section,
- Shared stay at our beautiful village homestay close to the thick rain forest, camping option available too
- 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner (All pure veg),
- Campfire (if it doesn’t rain at the time),
- Forest Dept permissions, entry tickets for specific hikes & waterfalls
- An organizer from MT to look after all activities
- A lot of entertainment!
- Sunday Lunch, Dinner
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned above
If you agree to following Terms & Conditions and Refund Policy: http://bit.ly/MuddieTerms
You may register by using the Book Now button and join the Muddie Gang! 😉
What’s next after booking tickets:
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks a night before the event
- Information like exact pickup locations, things to pack, Organizer details, etc will be shared in the group
- The facilities are basic, close to nature on this backpacking trip. Not for luxury seekers
- We have 2 big rooms for men and 2 big rooms for women at our forest homestay. No private rooms can be given.
Get Muddie in Travel…