Loooong weekend coming up!
Let this Independence day free you from your tedious work, pollution, and boring routine life.
Experience the Western Ghats, which are older than the mighty Himalayas, at their best with the combination of Agumbe and Kodachadri.
Agumbe famous as Cherrapunjee of the south is known for its scenic beauty and bio-diversity. Have once in a lifetime experience of staying in the heart of the rainforest. Explore the Mystic fort, dip in pristine and untouched waterfalls coming straight out of mountains.
Kodachadri Jeep trail includes a beautiful terrain which has a thick forest, grasslands, chilling waterfalls in between and then a thrilling ridge walk at the top. The landscapes one gets to witness from the top of the mountain are simply mind-blowing.
The majestic Kodachadri is relatively close to the Arabian Sea. How can we miss the beaches when we are traveling so close to the west coast?
Let’s also head to the most happening Malpe beach of Udupi and walk barefoot on the beach.
Then let’s #getmuddie this weekend 😉
||3 Breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners included – all veg
||At our beautiful village homestays in the heart of Western Ghats (on sharing basis)
||Wednesday 9 PM
||Sunday 5 AM
|Trek difficulty level:
||Easy (no heavy treks)
|Things to carry:
||Will be updated in our WhatsApp group to all registered folks
- A mini-bus or tempo traveler(s) depending on final numbers
- Non AC
Pick up locations & timings:
- Tin Factory 9:15 PM
- Indiranagar 100 ft Rd 9:35 PM
- Koramangala Sony World signal 10:00 PM
- Goraguntepalya Metro station: 11: 45 PM
- Same drop locations on Sunday morning
- Gear up for heavy traffic while leaving on Wednesday night before we escape the city
- Agumbe Rain Forest
- Kavaledurga Forst Trek (5 km up and down)
- Hidden Waterfalls of Agumbe
- Drive to the highest point of Agumbe: Kundadri Hills
- Off-road Jeep ride to Kodachadri mountain (No trek)
- Nagara Fort
- Swim in pools formed out of chilling rain forest
- Malpe Beach
- Udupi Town visit
- Homestays with beds on sharing basis
- Campfires (If it doesn’t rain)
- Music & Dance
- Awesome vegetarian food
- Lot’s of Entertainment!
|Day 0 (Thursday night):
- Start from Bangalore, an overnight journey to Agumbe
Day 1 (Friday):
- Reach forest homestay, freshen up
- Fuel up with nice breakfast, grab packed lunch
- Drive to the base of ancient Kavaledurga Fort & hike up to enjoy the amazing views of the rain forest.
- This is a 2.5 km easy hike (one way) with stunning views from the top. There is an ancient temple in the middle and many ponds that served as water stores at that time.
- Have Lunch
- Head into the rain forest of western ghats take a dip under untouched waterfalls
- Standing open-top tempo ride to Kundadri hills (in case our vehicle cannot go) – The highest point in Agumbe mountain range, have a sneak peek of extremely thrilling & dense Agumbe Rain-Forest filled with thick green forest, pristine rivers & gigantic lakes!
- Head back to the homestay by late evening
- Bonfire at night with long conversations in the dark,
- Well deserved hot & delicious vegetarian dinner
- Rest in the tents.
Day 2 (Saturday):
- Wake up early, freshen up and have breakfast
- Start towards Kodachadri, check into our homestay
- Buckle up for a thrilling offroad Jeep ride to the top of Kodachadri mountain as jeeps pass along dense forest and rich vegetation
- Walk on the thrilling ridge to view stunning valleys after you approach the peak of Kodachadri which is also called Jasmine of hills
- Revel at the awesome landscape amidst the clouds, cool breeze hitting your face, relax for a while, rejuvenate and soothe your soul
- Take the Jeep ride back to the homestay
- Visit amazingly beautiful Nagara Fort and take hell lot of selfies
- Head to a river and spend time in the evening
- Campfire with long conversations & well deserved hot dinner
- A social gathering with light music till late night
|Day 3 (Sunday):
- Wake up, freshen up and have breakfast
- Drive towards colorful and buzzing Malpe beach on the west coast
- Walk barefoot on the beach. The Beaches are so pretty during the monsoons though we can’t play in the water. The beautiful setting of monsoon showers wetting the beaches is worth the visit, anytime!
- Break for Lunch
- Visit a couple of interesting places in the town (like the famous Udupi Krishna temple)
- Shop for souvenirs and goodies at the local flea market near Malpe
- Try some delicious street food for dinner
- Start back to Bangalore late evening
|Day 4 (Monday morning):
- Reach home Monday early morning and share your beautiful Independence day weekend story with your friends and family
Cost: Per person: 6450/- All inclusive
- Experience all places mentioned in the schedule,
- Shared stay at our beautiful village homestays close to the thick rain forest,
- 3 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 2 Dinners (All pure veg),
- Campfires (if it doesn’t rain at the time),
- Forest Dept permissions for specific hikes & waterfalls
- Local guide where ever needed,
- Organizer(s) from MT to look after all activities
- A lot of entertainment!
- Saturday Lunch, Dinner at the Beach
- Any miscellaneous expenses not mentioned above
- Our facilities are very basic without any luxury
- Rooms will be on shared bases. No private rooms will be given.
- Please don’t forget to read our “Terms & Conditions” before registering.
- If you agree to following Terms, Conditions, and Policies: http://bit.ly/MuddieTerms, you may register and join the Muddie Gang by clicking Book Now button.
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks 24 hours before the event start time.
- Information like exact pickup locations, things to pack, etc will be shared in the group
If any doubt, contact our organizers on 9827032009 or 8197949010 🙂
Get Muddie in Travel..