Hello Pune and Mumbai!
Let’s trek to the Lohgad fort (Easy trek) and see one of the most beautiful valleys of lower Sahyadris with beautiful Pawna lake as a backdrop. There are many interesting things to explore on top of this Scorpion shaped fort. It’s a huge fort that will easily take 2 hours to just explore at the top.
There is a tomb, temple, and some ruins above. There are many different ponds which used to be water supply to the people back then.
Lohgad also has thick ridge walk that will lead trekkers to punishment point – a cliff of the hill (that you see on the event image)
Let’s #GetMuddie at Lohgad Fort!
||12 or more
Train from Mumbai, Pune to Lonavala and Jeep ride from
Lonavala to Visapur Base.
||Train timings for Mumbai participants
Train timings for Pune participants
Lonavala Local Train
06:35 Shivaji Nagar
||1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch
||Moderate (good for beginners)
- Lohgad Fort Trekking
- Jeep ride
- Stunning views of Pawna lake and other Forts
- 1 Breakfast
- 1 Lunch
- Organizer(s) from MT
- Hell lot of entertainment!!!
- Train tickets from your City to Lonavala
- Any miscellaneous personal expenses that are not mentioned in inclusions above.
- Start from Mumbai/Pune according to train timings.
- Reach Lonavala railway station and meet Trek Lead at the exit gate
- Get on the Jeep and head towards the base of Visapur fort
- Fuel up for the trek with nice breakfast
- Start hiking up the fort that has well laid 300+ stairs initially.
- Along the way, we get to see beautiful Pawna lake in the backdrop of lower Sahyadirs
- Reach the top and explore a tomb, temple, and other ruins
- Finally, we will head to the thick ridge that is special to this fort, the corner of which is used to punish people committing crimes.
- Take rest for some time looking at the magical views.
- We shall start descending after this and reach the base late afternoon.
- Have Lunch at a restaurant
- Head back towards Lonavala railway station and board your respective trains
- Reach home by late evening and share your LohgadFort weekend getaway trek experience with friends and family 🙂
If you agree to follow Terms, Conditions, and Policies: http://bit.ly/MuddieTerms, you may register and join the Muddie Gang by clicking Book Now With Events High button.
- Missing the train is missing Lohgad Trek, no refund will be provided.
- Travelers are expected to sign a Liability/Waiver form given by the organizers before starting the trip/trek/event
- Everyone must get their photo ID cards – like Aadhar or Driving License!
- Muddie Trails is NOT a tour operator. Muddie Trails is an offbeat travel tour provider.
- Our facilities are basic. If you expect any luxury, please do not register.
- Our itinerary is flexible & Organizer may choose to switch/re-arrange parts of the itinerary based on need. Please co-operate with organizer & other travelers.
- Do not forget to read our “Terms & Conditions” before registering!
Contact us organizers on 9827032009, 8123812329 for any questions or doubts!
Get Muddie in Travel..