Kodaikanal. Sure you have heard this name before!
It’s one of the best hill stations you will ever come across in southern India with its an altitude of 2100 meters above Sea level, cold weather & thick forest cover throughout the year. It’s a very famous honeymoon destination too!
But, we at Muddie Trails, will take you on an amazing voyage to the offbeat & never before seen side of this pristine hill station.
We are gonna explore three gems of Kodaikanal on this trip along with few popular and beautiful places. One of them is very famous & known to all (a Lake), the other one is fairly unknown but extremely beautiful (another Lake), the third one is a total secret where we will Camp very close to (yet another lake)!
It’s time you #getmuddie at The Princess Of Hills – Kodaikanal!
||At our beautiful campsite – tents on sharing basis – Natural AC in Kodai
||Tempo traveler or Mini-Bus (Non AC)
||Friday 8 PM (Long journey to do)
||Monday 6 AM
||2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner included
||Tin Factory, Indiranagar 100 ft Road, Koramangala Sony World, Silk Board, Electronic City toll
|Things to carry:
||Will be updated in our WhatsApp group to all registered folks
|Day 0 (Friday):
- Start from Bangalore, an overnight journey towards Kodaikanal
Day 1 ( Saturday):
- Drive to Kodaikanal town, quick freshen up & breakfast at a restaurant (No shower at this point),
- Visit Pillar Rocks & Pine Forest of Kodaikanal as we hit the mountains,
- Drive ahead through picturesque valleys & curved roads to the beautiful mountain campsite close to jungle & wildlife.
- Have hot Lunch, explore the nearby beautiful lake, small trek through the steep mountain fields, Sholas & Eucalyptus trees. Relax & rejuvenate in the calmness of the jungle.
- Hike down the mountain to get back to the campsite
- Sip a hot cup of Tea/Coffee
- Leisurely evening, just chill out at the mountain camp playing group games & card games
- Bonfire in the cold weather, hot dinner & have those long conversations all of us have been longing for!
- Rest for the night in the Swiss-style tents with bedding
Day 2 (Sunday):
- Start the day with a nice breakfast
- Say bye to camp & drive to a beautiful pristine lake conserved by Forest department
- Small nature walk around the lake to reach the far end of the lake that has a wooden bridge & pose for innumerable selfies!
- Go on an optional coracle ride if you wish to
- Break for Lunch
- Pose with Rabbits & Sheep, munch freshly grown sweet carrots & pineapple!
- Drive back to Kodaikanal town & visit the man-made lake, go on famous Cycling if you wish to, shop your bags full of spices, Eucalyptus oil, Chocolates, at a flea market around the lake.
- Sit at a famous cafe & have dinner
- Head back towards BLR
Day 3 (Monday):
- Reach back to BLR early in the morning
- Water might be less in Kodaikanal Lakes till mid-August as monsoons started late this year. But everything else is still very beautiful.
- Day 1 is leisurely. The trek is easy, takes just 1 hour. You will get a lot of time the afternoon & evening to chill out and enjoy being at a place blessed by mother nature.
- In case any place is closed by Forest Dept because of local reasons, we shall take you to another good place. There are plenty of awesome places, not to worry 🙂
- Travel everywhere!
- Stay on sharing basis at our lovely Lakeside Campsite with a fantastic setting
- Food: 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner (Veg & Non-Veg) – all unlimited
- Bonfire (If it doesn’t rain at the time)
- Local guide for the mountain trek
- Forest department entry tickets for the lake & research zone
- Organizer from MT to look after all activities & entertainment!
- Sunday Lunch, Dinner
- Coracle ride, Cycling
- Any misc expenses that are not mentioned above.
If you agree to follow Terms, Conditions, and Policies: http://bit.ly/MuddieTerms, you may register and join the Muddie Gang by clicking the Book Now button.
- Travelers are expected to sign a Liability/Waiver form given by the organizers before starting the trip/trek/event
- Everyone must get their photo ID cards like Aadhar or Driving License!
- Our facilities are basic without any luxury.
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks 24 hours before the event start time.
- Information like exact pickup locations, things to pack, etc will be shared in the group
- Do not forget to read our “Terms & Conditions” before registering!
Whatsapp/call MT organizers on 9827032009, 8197949010 if any doubt
Get Muddie in Travel..