|December 22nd – 27th
||10450/- (Incl. GST)
|January 19th – 24th
||10450/- (Incl. GST)
|February 9th – 14th
||10450/- (Incl. GST)
|March 8th – 13th
||10450/- (Incl. GST)
Here’s a golden opportunity for you to tick off a fantastic Himalayan winter trek!
Kedarkantha is a picturesque trek in the lap of the Himalayas of Uttarkashi district situated in Uttarakhand state.
The overall trek of 24 km is covered in 4 days. It’s good for beginners who wish to try Himalayan trek for the first time.
One can witness up to 13 other Himalayan peaks from the Kedarkantha peak on a clear day. The panoramic view of the snow-capped Himalayan ranges, valleys, and villages from the Kedarkantha summit are a sight to behold.
Kedarkantha, at a height of 3300 meters (12500 feet) above Sea level is a must in the checklist of all Himalayan treks.
How to reach Dehradun:
- Dehradun is well connected by Train, Road, and Air
- Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun has frequent flights from all metro cities
- Dehradun is just 246 km from New Delhi which takes around 7-8 hour drive. You may board Bus at Kashmiri Gate ISBT.
Things to carry:
- Comfortable Backpack with good back support (preferably waterproof)
- Hiking Pole
- Quick dry and comfortable Trek Pants
- Warm and waterproof Jacket
- Thick Socks
- Trekking Shoe with good grip and traction
- Polarised Sunglasses
- Warm hat
- 2 Water bottles of 1 Litre each
Fitness & Preparation:
- One needs to prepare for any treks in the Himalayas (even though a trek like Kedarkantha may be done by beginners)
- It is recommended to achieve minimal fitness of being able to jog for 5 km without taking any break to attempt any trek in the Himalayas
- No major health issues shall be present like Asthma, any breathing problem, Heart problems, High blood pressure or any other special medical condition
- Only those people who understand the complexity of Himalayan travel and treks are advised to book this trek.
Safety & Rescue:
- Mountaineering course qualified Trek Leader
- The local support team for geographical intelligence
- Crampons/Micro-spikes for the trek (if needed at that time)
- First-aid Kit
- Trip starts from: Dehradun
- Bus: Dehradun Bus stand
- Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun
- Duration: 5 Night & 6 Days
- Grade: Easy to Moderate
- Max Altitude: 12,500 Ft.
- Trek distance: 24 Kms.
- Trek type: Round Trail. The trek starts and ends at Sankri
- Base Camp: Sankri village (Around 10 Hrs drive from Dehradun)
- You may reach Dehradun Airport or Bus stand by morning 7 AM.
- We shall start our journey from Dehradun to Sankri village after Breakfast.
- This picturesque drive covers 220 km through the Himalayas and takes around 10 hrs by our private vehicle
- We will reach a guest house, check-in and take good rest
- Trek from Sankri to Juda Ka Talab
- This uphill trek of just over 4 km takes approximately 5 hours to finish
- We will be passing through jungle trails, beautiful meadows will come across mountain villagers carrying firewood and leaves for their household work, and mules going up and down carrying camping equipment for trekkers
- Today you will move from an altitude of 6400 feet to 9100 feet above Sea level
- We shall also indulge in some photography and sightseeing around Juda-ka-talab and the adjacent snow-covered grasslands
- Camp overnight with long conversations and stories
- Juda Ka Talab to Kedarkantha Base Trek
- Today we will move from an altitude of 9100 feet to 11,250 feet above Sea level
- The 4 km trek takes just around 3 hours to finish
- We shall walk alongside the oak trees enjoying the serenity of the forest and trek through the dense jungle as we move ahead towards Kedarkantha base
- At around 10000 feet one gets to see and walk over a lot of snow
- The night sky is so beautiful and climate really cold at this point with a warm bonfire to keep the heat flowing in our bodies
- Camp overnight
- Kedarkantha Base to Kedarkantha Peak Trek & descend to Har Gaon
- Today is the most beautiful day of our entire trip as we move from an altitude of 11250 feet to 12500 feet which is the summit of Kedarkantha
- Today’s long trek will take around 7 hours with 6 km of uphill and flat trail combination
- We will conquer Kedarkantha and revel at the beauty of snow-capped Himalayas. The 360-degree view from the top is simply unforgettable.
- We then descend to 8900 feet which is to our Har Gaon campsite
- Har Gaon to Sankri Trek
- We descend further to 6400 feet to reach base point Sankri where we started our journey 3 days back
- As we move along the ridge, we get to see Har ki Doon valley which is also called The Valley of Gods
- We will stay in a guest house today reliving the memories of the trek and going through the breathtaking pictures we took.
- Freshen up and drive back to Dehradun through amazing landscapes of Himalayas as we stop over at numerous points cherishing the journey.
- We shall reach Dehradun town by evening from 6 to 7 PM. You may book your return tickets any time after 8 PM
- Say Bye to your new friends, whom you shared an unforgettable journey for the past few days and together witnessed a masterpiece of mother nature called Kedarkantha
Cost: Per person: 10450/-
- 4 Nights Camping during the trek on sharing basis & 1 Night at our Homestay
- Food during the trek days: Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners – all Veg
- Travel: Dehradun to Sankri to Dehradun by Private vehicles like Sumo/Tavera or similar
- Trek equipment: Sleeping bag, Tent, Mattress, Kitchen & Toilet tent, Crampons, Utensils
- Natural Spring Water during the trek you can just fill your bottle with
- Trek Leader, Guide, Cook, Helpers who are familiar with local conditions and routes
- A lot of stories related to the trek. Group activities and a lot of memories!
- Food while traveling (Day 1 and Day 6)
- Any personal or misc. expenses not mentioned in inclusions above
- Mules or Porter can carry your personal luggage during the trek days on the extra cost of 1700/-
- This has to be booked at least a week in advance
- Tents, Sleeping bags, other equipment are carried by helpers. Trekkers need to carry only their backpacks and stuff
- Please make sure you read other Tabs like “Cost, Inclusions & Exclusions”, “Terms & Conditions”, & “Refund Policy” before you book your slot 🙂
- Feel free to contact the organizers if any doubt or concern, we are happy to help you 🙂
- If you agree to the following Terms, Conditions, and Policies: http://bit.ly/MuddieTerms, you may register and join the Muddie Gang by clicking Book Now button.
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks 24 hours before the event start time.
- Information like exact pickup locations, things to pack, etc will be shared in the group
If any doubt, contact our organizers on 9827032009 or 8197949010
Get Muddie in Travel…