Here’s a golden opportunity for you to tick off a fantastic Himalayan winter trek!
Kedarkantha is a picturesque trek in the lap of the Himalayas of Uttarkashi district situated in Uttarakhand state.
The overall trek of 24 kms is covered in 4 days. It’s good for beginners who wish to try Himalayan trek for the first time.
One can witness up to 13 other Himalayan peaks from the Kedarkantha peak on a clear day. The panoramic view of the snow-capped Himalayan ranges, valleys, and villages from the Kedarkantha summit are a sight to behold.
Kedarkantha, at a height of 3300 meters (12500 feet) above Sea level is a must in the checklist of all Himalayan treks.
How to reach Dehradun:
- Dehradun is well connected by Train, Road and Air
- Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun has frequent flights from all metro cities
- Dehradun is just 246 km from New Delhi which takes around 7-8 hour drive. You may board Bus at Kashmiri Gate ISBT.
Things to carry:
- Comfortable Backpack with good back support (preferably waterproof)
- Hiking Pole
- Quick dry and comfortable Trek Pants
- Warm and waterproof Jacket
- Thick Socks
- Trekking Shoe with good grip and traction
- Polarised Sunglasses
- Warm hat
- 2 Water bottles of 1 Liter each
Fitness & Preparation:
- One needs to prepare for any treks in the Himalayas (even though a trek like Kedarkantha may be done by beginners)
- It is recommended to achieve minimal fitness of being able to jog for 5 km without taking any break to attempt any trek in the Himalayas
- No major health issues shall be present like Asthma, any breathing problem, Heart problems, High blood pressure or any other special medical condition
- Only those people who understand the complexity of Himalayan travel and treks are advised to book this trek.
Safety & Rescue:
- Mountaineering course qualified Trek Leader
- The local support team for geographical intelligence
- Crampons/Micro-spikes for the trek (if needed at that time)
- First-aid Kit
- Trip starts from: Dehradun
- Bus: Dehradun Bus stand
- Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun
- Duration: 5 Night & 6 Days
- Grade: Easy to Moderate
- Max Altitude: 12,500 Ft.
- Trek distance: 24 Kms.
- Trek type: Round Trail. The trek starts and ends at Sankri
- Base Camp: Sankri village (Around 10 Hrs drive from Dehradun)